BLUEBARRY – TwinTrash Short Film BLUEBARRY – TwinTrash Short Film

Awww yess! I've been waiting for this to come out! Great art, great animation, 5/5!

The Artist and the Canvas The Artist and the Canvas

The visual style is decent, the animation is a little clunky, but it works. What threw me off is the moment when the voice acting kicks in. Up until that point, you used facial expression, motion and music to set the mood and tell the story, but the dialogue brought that to an abrupt ending. Perhaps it's because you ran out of time, which I can understand.

Here's a tip: Don't start animating before you have a solid animatic (moving storyboard). With an animatic, you can plan the motion, shots and timing of the film. That way, you know how long it's going to be, and roughly how much work there's left. My teacher always told us to work from stage to stage of completion, in stead of finishing shot after shot: animatic > all key drawings > all breakdowns > all inbetweens > rough backgrounds > colouring > shading > etc. It's better to tell the full story in less detail than to tell only a part of the story.

Birth Birth

Ha! Loved it! Haven't seen your stuff in a while, but I see you've grown quite a bit, artistically! Well done!

bee bee

Well, that was different! Ha! I kind of liked it, though.

Lucky responds:

churs :P

GameGrumps : Egg Cerberus GameGrumps : Egg Cerberus

It's a good effort, though a bit slow in the beginning. Also, it might just be me, but I really dislike it when people put songs in the loading screen/menu. Especially one as loud and chaotic as yours. Anyway, keep it up!

GiraffeStuff responds:

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep the whole loading screen thing in mind, or at least include a mute button next time =)

Family Guy - Harlem Shake Family Guy - Harlem Shake

Not only is the Harlem Shake really getting old, you also didn't time the animation correctly. Review your animation before you upload it!

Berry Berry

It's a nice change from the mediocre and repetitive Flash animations that dominate Newgrounds. It stands out, that alone deserves a good score!

Random Partay! Random Partay!

1) No sound
2) Using 'rage faces' shows a lack of creativity.
3) Using 'rage faces' shows a lack of drawing skills.
4) Using 'rage faces' means you have spent too much time on websites like 9gag and memebase.
5) No sound!

Plumbers road Plumbers road

You're not even trying.

"ZOMBIES" TOFA Round 1 "ZOMBIES" TOFA Round 1

Not bad. You have potential, but you still need a lot of improvement. Try working with a more interesting colour palette, or a different character style. Also, backgrounds, work on your backgrounds. I need to do that too.